Buckleys (UVRAL) Ltd. was formed in 1926 by the Buckley brothers from Putney, London, to sell ultra-violet ray arc lamps (hence the name UVRAL), used in early photographic production.
The Hoveman family took over Buckleys in 1942 and the company moved from its Putney base to Hythe (in the south east of England) in 1973. In June 2010 the company relocated to Shearway Business Park in Folkestone.
Since the early 1960′s, Buckleys has specialised in the manufacture of test and inspection equipment.
Continuous investment in research and development has resulted in the comprehensive range of high/low voltage equipment available today. This includes DC holiday detectors and cable testers, AC spark testers, leak detectors and a range of sub-sea inspection equipment.